WWW Wednesday

This is my second WWW Wednesday. I’m not the most reliable on doing tags every week… I totally have good intentions, but then… Something else shiny comes along and I forget about them… Whoops! But I had so much fun reading everyone’s WWW’s today – I forgot how much I love this tag. And I always get a lot of great recommendations to add to my TBR from you’se guys’ posts! So. Jumping on the fun bandwagon…

This is a weekly meme hosted by, Taking on a World of Words. It’s where we talk about the Three W’s:

•     What are you currently reading?
  •     What did you recently finish reading?
  •     What do you think you will read next?

SO. Here goes!

What are you currently reading?

Six of Crows is my book club read. We read Circe last month (which I loved), and I hear really good things so I’m excited about it.

The Dragonbone Chair is a classic, and it’s been on my TBR for a while. I picked it up last week, and I’m only about a quarter through. It’s huge. And, if I’m entirely honest, as much as it is really well written and the story arc is exciting… For some reason I’m just not feeling it. It might get DNF’d…

Tempests and Slaughter is an ARC I got from the publisher. I’m super excited about it because I love Tamora Pierce.

What did you recently finish reading?

I finished Dance of Thieves last night, and absolutely loved it. So, I’m doing the review for that later today.

I finished How to Live Japanese a couple days ago, and enjoyed it. I’ve written the review but it can’t go up until a week or so before the publication date, so that’s in the vault.

What do you think you’ll read next?

I’ve got loads of books on my TBR, but these four are the next up I think.

Fawkes arrives tomorrow (according to Amazon). It’s one I pre-ordered, so I’m looking forward to that…

Ball & Chain is an ARC I received from the publisher. It looks great, and I do love a mystery.

The Mystery of Three Quarters has been pre-ordered for my TBR for absolutely ages. Super jealous of all of you who got ARCs of this one! I love Agatha Christie and I liked the previous Sophie Hannah version. Didn’t love it… But Hercule Poirot is one of my favourite characters. So, I’m giving it a go.

Lakes of Mars is another ARC. I’m not really sure if it’ll be my cup of tea, but I wanted something a bit different to read. And I liked the description on Netgalley.

What’s up next on your TBR? Anyone else an ad hoc tag participant like me?

17 Comments Add yours

1. I LOVE Six of Crows!! I hope you enjoy it, and Crooked Kingdom!

1. Madam Mim says:

Thanks! They both look good! I’m excited about it

2. Ceri says:

Ooh, I like the sound of How to Live Japanese. I’d really like to read more Asian lit given that I lived in Asia for 4 years. 😛

1. Madam Mim says:

I really enjoyed it. It was really unusual. And there was a bit nostalgia for me there because I travelled round Japan when I was 21. I guess I also wanted to see if I missed anything haha

3. Christine says:

I rarely do book tags or am random too. They are fun but not always quite fitting with my blogging business model. On occasion, you gotta love them!

Liked by 1 person

4. I’m curious about The Mystery of Three Quarters. I love Sophie Hannah, but haven’t yet read her Hercule Poirot books.

Here’s MY WWW POST

1. Madam Mim says:

I’m really hoping it’s good! I was a bit meh on the last one… ooo I’ll go check it out! 😁

5. ivysbooks says:

Yup ARC buddies 😉 I highly enjoyed Six of Crows and Dance Theives looks good. I look forward to your review for both 😁 happy reading.

6. Shiny things always distract me too! 😉
    I can’t wait to read Six of Crows! I’ve heard so many amazing things about it! Enjoy!! 🙂
    Here’s what I’ve been reading: https://www.boundtowriting.com/www-wednesday-august-22/

1. Madam Mim says:

Hahaha glad it’s not just me 🙈 ooo thanks! I can’t wait to see what you’re reading!

7. Leslie says:

Great books! I really enjoyed Six of Crows!! Enjoy your week. 🙂

1. Madam Mim says:

Thanks!

8. Jen - Books on the 7:47 says:

Very intrigued to see what you think of The Mystery of Three-Quarters! Poirot is a favourite character of mine too.

1. Madam Mim says:

It’s not quite the same when Agatha isn’t writing it… but at least Hercule lives on! I’m hoping I like it…

9. jessmcombs says:

I’m wanting to read Six of Crows! You have to let me know what you thought after you’ve finished it!

1. Madam Mim says:

Definitely will! I hope it’s as good as everyone says 😬