It’s my 6 month blog-iversary!
There’s a giveaway competition at the end of the post – so don’t go away…
I started Mim Inkling 6 months ago this month, which feels huge for me. It’s been such an incredible few months.
I’d never done anything like this before, and I feel like I’ve learned a lot through the process. I mean, in the beginning I had to Google the word “ARC” – I was that much of a newbie! It’s been fantastic though, and I have enjoyed every second of it.
Tis the season for thanksgiving, and I want to say a particular thank you to all of you who have joined me for the journey. I didn’t think anyone would even read this blog, let alone like, comment, or even pingback… It means the world to me that you stop by.
Milestones tend to make me reflective, and I’ve been thinking a lot about what I want to do with this blog. Have I achieved everything I set out to do? Are there things I would change? The result of which is, I have some big ass exciting plans for Mim Inkling in the New Year.
One thing I’ve realised is, I’ve never done a reading challenge. Like, seriously, not ever… I’m a mood reader, so I had a sneaking suspicion I’d find them a tad onerous… But. That being said… It’s the end of the year, which tends to be a busy time and so when reading goes out the window, and I’ve had a bit of a reading slump lately… I think this could be really good for me.
And I would love it if you would all join me! To which end, I’ve decided to make a Reading Challenge Competition, and, to say thank you (and make it more fun), there’s a juicy prize on offer…
I’m a little bit nervous that no-one will want to play with me… It feels like the first day of school all over again… The horror! Introvert problems… But you guys want to play, right? And you were going to be reading anyway, weren’t you?
- There are 24 categories, and you must read a book in December which corresponds to each category
- Each category you tick off is worth 10 points (240 points in total)
- One book can “count” for multiple categories, and you still get the full points for all those categories – for example, if a book ticks off “a myth retelling”, “children’s book”, and “from your TBR”, you get 10 points for each category and that book is worth 30 points
- If you read a book that is worth more than 5 categories, you get a bonus 10 points
- You get 20 points for everyone you tag in the comments, or your posts, who then joins in the challenge
- You must EITHER (1) post a mini-review for each book you read for the challenge, or progress reports as you go along OR (2) come back to this post and keep us updated on your progress – it doesn’t have to be it’s own post, it could just be a line on your usual reviews and a link back here
- You must EITHER (1) post a final wrap-up, or (2) come back to this post and give us a final wrap up
- You need to link back to this post for each mini-review or progress report, and your final wrap-up on 2nd January
Yes, there’s a prize! And it’s a good one!
The person, or people, with the most points on 2nd January will receive a £25 Amazon Gift Card.
No stakes, no glory, right?
Happy reading everyone! And I’m so excited to see your December Bingo picks!