I’m a day late, I know, I know… Yesterday was complete madness. The last couple of weeks have been madness… I was up at 5am on Monday to get to Newcastle for work – I still don’t feel like I’ve caught up with my sleep. Then on Tuesday, yesterday, I had a barrage of work emails and a job interview… So, yes, I’ve been somewhat off the blogosphere! I’m playing catch up now.
If I haven’t read your posts, or commented, I’m coming for you next… But I wanted to get my usual Top Ten Tuesday in, regardless.
Top Ten Tuesday was created by The Broke and the Bookish in June of 2010 and moved to That Artsy Reader Girl in January of 2018. It was born of a love of lists, a love of books, and a desire to bring bookish friends together.
February 12: Favourite Couples in Books
- Pride & Prejudice – Elizabeth Bennet and Mr Darcy… ‘nuf said!
- Garden Spells – I can’t pick a favourite couple, I love them all, this book just has all the romance!
- The Invisible Library series – Irene and Kai are a couple that frustrate me a little, I’m not sure I entirely “get” it, but I love the interplay between them.
- Coastliners – Mado and Flynn have so much tension between them, and love the slow burn suspense.
- Chocolat – Vianne Rocher and Roux, it’s just too good!
- The Merrily Watkins series – Merrily and Lol are so cute, and I think I’m slightly in love with Lol myself…
- His Dark Materials trilogy – I can’t leave out Will and Lyra, they kind of broke my heart but I adored them together.
- Night Circus – Celia Bowen and Marco Alisdair, cried like a baby, ‘nuf said!
- Chocolate Wishes – Chloe Lyon and Raffy Sinclair, I adore this book, I must have read it twenty times. The whole romance has a magical quality that I just love.
- Eat, Pray, Love – Liz and Filipe, it has that whole “fated” thing to it and I love that they’re both very independent people. Plus, it was “real”. It was spoiled slightly for me by following the author on Facebook and realising (sorry if I’m about to ruin this for you as well) that they didn’t actually work out…